It’s a weather of all seasons at present, one moment sweltering in the sun and the next waterlogged with water wings at the ready.
The Kennel Club Find a Show page has reported that Blackpool is now listed as being over three days starting on 25th September, and Bournemouth starting on 3rd October. Of course it all will depend on government guidelines.
BLACKPOOL CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
In light of the coronavirus outbreak we have applied and been granted a new date for our show which is on the 25th/ 26th/ 27th September 2020, however, we are suspending the entry until 1st August 2020 where a decision will be taken whether to carry on and hold our 81st Championship show or cancel. This decision will take the current advice and Government guidance available on the 1st August; we don’t know what the situation regarding the virus will be then, as no one knows.
If the Committee decides to carry on and hold our Championship show the entries to the show will be re-opened on a date to be decided If we are to proceed with our 2020 Championship show there will be a new schedule produced with a few changes of judges which we will notify you on this site once i have acceptance from the new judges.
THE PAPILLON BUTTERFLY DOG CLUB OF SCOTLAND.
The secretary Elaine Davidson has written. We have regrettably taken the decision to cancel our 2020 Championship show due to the ongoing Covid situation and current KC guidance but are in the process of trying to arrange this for the early part of 2021. Once we have confirmed details we will let members know, although we are sure you are aware that this may change again due to the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in. We have taken no decisions to cancel our open show scheduled for 29th November 2020 at the moment. Stay safe everyone
This will of course will remains under review and will be dependent upon any restrictions that may be in place.
THE BIRMINGHAM DISTRICT TOY DOG SOCIETY.
Following a preliminary risk assessment the committee have taken the decision that our open show on 19th December 2020 is CANCELLED.
The Chief Medical Officer has indicated that he expects COVID-19 to be in general circulation until at least the end of the year and as we do not believe we can guarantee a COVID secure event, we have come to this unfortunate conclusion.
We are sorry for any disappointment this causes and look forward to welcoming you to our next show on Saturday 18 December 2021 in what will hopefully be happier times.
It has been a pretty awful year for the world of dogs in the UK, quite apart from the obvious, and now comes news that we have lost another of our best known judges, Brenda Banbury. Brenda was invited to judge Best in Show at Crufts 2006, which she awarded to the visitor from America, the Canadian-bred Australian Shepherd Ch Caitland Isle Take A Chance, a remarkable victory for the breed on the first occasion it achieved CC status. Brenda retired from judging in 2017. My thoughts go to her close family.
I was saddened to hear of the news that the lovely Terry Donovan has passed away after a short illness.
Terry and his wife Maureen are known by many for stewarding all breeds, at open shows, limit shows, Championship Shows and club shows. Terry was known for his excellent stewarding and best remembered as ‘The Polo man’, he would offer all in the ring a polo before they went forward to the judge with their charge. Terry was always happy and smiling and he would chat away to ensure all exhibitors felt comfortable in the ring. Terry your presence will be so sadly missed from the ring, you were and will always remain one of the characters of the dog show scene. My thoughts go to Terry’s lovely wife Maureen and the close family.
Love and thoughts for those folk at present in the poorly corner.
Jean and Roger Banfield are making lengthy trips to the hospital for Jeans treatment of five days a week for the next five weeks. The journey alone from their home to Hull Hospital is quite an endurance test for them both. I wish you well Jean and hope the future holds health and happiness.
Chris Foynes has unfortunately experienced a set back with her treatment having to be delayed during lockdown. I am sure like myself everyone is sending Chris and also Aodan much love, please hold on to the hope that the weeks ahead bring some blue skies on the horizon.
Stay safe and please be mindful that we are not out of the COVID woods yet. We must not let our guard down. We must send the united message that COVID has to pack its rucksack and not have the opportunity to take up residency again.
Take care and stay safe.