22 May 2020 Breed Notes

I hope everyone is well and been able to venture out into the big outside world taking baby steps.
Here are few of the current cancelled or suspended shows to note in your diary.

Once again I have put their announcements in full, as I think readers should be able to read what the societies have actually said.


The Officers and Committee of the Richmond Dog Show Society have noted the strong recommendation made by the Kennel Club, on 13th May, that in the light of the continued restrictions arising from the COVID-19 pandemic that all forthcoming events until the end of September should be cancelled.

Logistical uncertainties including availability of the venue, the ability of contractors and suppliers to support the planning, setting up and running of the show, the willingness or otherwise of spectators, exhibitors, judges, stewards, helpers and trade stand holders to risk possible exposure to the virus, the provision of hotel accommodation, and the requirement to adhere to social distancing at the show have also been considered.

In the light of the above the Officers and Committee have concluded that it would be contrary to government policy and Kennel Club guidance and socially irresponsible to continue with plans to hold the Society’s forthcoming 2020 championship show on 11th-13th September.

We fully understand and regret the sense of disappointment and sadness this announcement will cause to our members, sponsors, judges, exhibitors, stewards, and commercial trade partners. All our appointed judges for the 2020 show will be contacted and informed of the situation and offered the same appointment at a subsequent show.

We wish all our members and supporters continued health and safety in the wake of these unprecedented effects on lifestyle and socialisation that are proving so restrictive and frustrating to so many of us and look forward to being able to welcome you all at our show to be held on Friday, 10th to Sunday, 12th September 2021.


The Officers and Committee of the Scottish Kennel Club wish to confirm that, in line with the recommendations from both the UK Government and the Kennel Club as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, has taken the decision to cancel SKC’s Championship Show, due to be held 29th & 30th August 2020. As always, the health and safety of our exhibitors, judges, staff and volunteers is our priority. We will contact the Judges individually and where possible will aim to re-schedule appointments at future shows, where we can.

Our May Championship Show has been re-scheduled and is due to be held on 27th, 28th & 29th November 2020 at the Royal Highland Showground, Ingliston, Edinburgh – SCHEDULE TO FOLLOW IN DUE COURSE. Should there be any change to the November 2020 Championship Show, we will post an update on both our Facebook page and website.

We would like to thank all our exhibitors for their continued support and understanding during this difficult time. Meantime, we hope everyone stays safe and well and look forward to seeing you all in the future.

The offices of the Scottish Kennel Club are now closed temporarily, however should you have an urgent enquiry, please email info@scottishkennelclub.org. We will aim to answer emails at our earliest opportunity. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Should you require any urgent advice and guidance regarding litter registration or purchasing of a puppy, we would ask you to refer to the Kennel Club’s website.

Stuart Payne, Convener


In light of the coronavirus outbreak we have applied and been granted a new date for our show which is on the 14th/ 15th/ 16th August, however, we are suspending the entry until 10th July 2020 where a decision will be taken whether to carry on and hold our 81st Championship show or cancel. This decision will take the current advice and Government guidance available on the 10th July; we don’t know what the situation regarding the virus will be then, as no one knows.

If the Committee decides to carry on and hold our Championship show the entries to the show will be re-opened on the 10th July 2020 until 24th July 2020 (online only) There will be no extension to this date


Dear Exhibitors and Friends of Paignton and District Fanciers Association following advice today from The Kennel Club and due to the current COVID 19 situation, the Officers and Committee have made the decision to cancel our 2020 Championship Show.

We will be in touch with our Judges in due course to rearrange appointments for the future years.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for all your comtinued support and wish you all to keep safe in this uncertain time.

We look forward to welcoming you to our show on the 7th 8th and 9th of August 2021.

We aren’t looking at this is a bad thing it will give us opportunity to come back in 2021 even bigger and better than before.

Kind Regards, Mark Elliott (Hon Secretary).

In the poorly corner I am sending get well wishes to Jean Banfield and also to Geoff Corish who I know is now out of hospital and no doubt rushing around being the superman he is!

Next week will give you the breed shows that have come to light and their situations with the shows.
Stay safe and enjoy the sunshine, enjoy your four paws and just admire the beautiful world around us.